After sending a bitcoin payment from Quppy Wallet to an external bitcoin address, transfer details (such as amount of BTC sent, sending/receiving bitcoin address, the date of transfer) can be found on the Blockchain Network. This information is then publicly available and given its own transaction ID - or TXID.
At times, the recipient of your bitcoin transfer may request this transaction ID from you - typically to confirm you've sent the payment successfully. This transaction ID is safe to share: no personal information is sent from your Quppy Wallet account to the Blockchain Network.
How to find the transaction ID
- Visit blockchain.info or an alternative public blockchain explorer to view and search all previous bitcoin payments made on the blockchain.
- In the 'Search' area, you'll need to enter information that is specific to your bitcoin transaction. This is usually the bitcoin address you made the payment to.
- When you select 'search', all bitcoin transactions that involve that address will be displayed, newest to oldest.
- The easiest way to navigate to your particular transaction is to use your browser's 'Find' feature to search for the exact bitcoin amount you sent. This is usually under 'Edit > Find', or you can use the keyboard shortcut Command + F (macOS) or Control + F (Windows).
- Once you have located your transaction, the transaction ID is displayed as a long string of letters and numbers in the grey bar above the transaction amount
- To view the full details of the bitcoin payment, click the transaction ID link.
In case of any doubts or inconveniences related to your outgoing transaction please contact Quppy Support Team via firstname.lastname@example.org to have the matter resolved.